Dr. Kaustubh Dhargalkar
An entrepreneur-turned-academician & Innovation evangelist, speaker at TEDx platforms,
founded three companies from 1990 to 2005 in the domain of Machine tools and automation. Sold his commercial interests in these companies in 2005, took a year off to learn the scienceof Yoga (in 2005-06, explored Yoga at the Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Sanstha, Bangalore, Kaivalyadham, Lonavala and later at Bihar School of Yoga, Rikhia-Jharkhand) and then plunged into academics & research (2006 onward). Has mentored 150+ startups since then.
Currently, Kaustubh consults large corporates (HP, Daimler India, Mercedes Benz, Citibank
etc.) on ‘How to Enhance their Innovation Quotient’. He trains executives in Design Thinking
and Breakthrough Concept Creation.
As a passion, he works with Startups helping them scale by building robust business models. He is a mentor at Center for Innovation Incubation & Enterprise – IIM-Ahmedabad, National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) and other such platforms.
- Design Thinking & Innovation
- Emerging Tech & Disruptive Business Model Creation
- Scenario Building
- Building an Organisation for Innovation
- Corporate Training & Consulting in all the above
- Entrepreneurship Mentoring
- New Product/Service Development
Speaker at two TEDx conferences
- TEDx-SITM (September, 2012) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-
- TEDx-Sanofi (October,2015)
- Recognised as the top seven finalists in the world for his proposal on ‘A Smart Business Model for Electric Vehicles’ in the ‘Most Innovative Idea” category at the Smart City Expo World Congress held at Barcelona, Spain (17th to 19th November, 2015) http://www.smartcityexpo.com/en/awards-2015
Recognition from Government of India: ‘Entrepreneurship Educator & Mentor Award by the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship- Government of India jointly with Intel, British Council, EDII & NEN in March 2015.
Recipient of the 2nd prize at the prestigious Wharton Innovation Tournament held by Wharton School of Business in 2010 http://www.wipro.com/blog/Results-of-WiproKnowledgeWharton-Innovation-Tournament-2010 http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/wipro/innovation.cfm
Invited speaker at the conference on ‘Rethinking the MBA’ on Innovation, organised by Dr. Srikant Datar of Harvard Business School alongwith IIMAAA, Chennai chapter.
Featured as a ‘Changemaker’ on the Dr. Subhash Chandra Show (Zee Business) in June ’17. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZGd7Clz0xE
Selected on a Mumbai University panel to attend a 5-day workshop at Harvard University, for revamping education in Maharashtra under ‘The Harvard University South Asia InitiativeMultidisciplinary approach to University Leaders Development Workshop’ in July 2012. Spent a week with IDEO at Palo Alto and Continuum at Boston to understand their styles of working.